Changing times call for effective leaders who can create impact despite complexity, ambiguity and resistance. Around the world, schools are under pressure to develop new and broader outcomes, utilise evidence-informed teaching practices, and create innovative learning designs. Agile leadership provides a dynamic approach to leading change that will enable leaders to maximise their impact, harness evidence and create effective local solutions.
Leaders will learn how to:
- Adopt an agile mindset to thrive despite uncertainty and complexity
- Focus on a small number of high-impact improvement approaches
- Implement small and learn fast through disciplined inquiry
- Move from ‘pockets of excellent practice’ to new common practice
- Gather and use evidence to guide all phases of improvement work
- Build the norms and routines of high-impact, fast moving leadership teams
- Harness contemporary research into the science of learning, teaching practices and professional learning to inform and refine improvement strategies
Foundations of Agile Leadership
This 1-day intensive program explores the Agile Leadership framework for creating impact within your unique school context. Leaders will gain a clear understanding of the key mindset, skills and tools that can help them to accelerate their current improvement work and manage the change process.
Agile Leadership Into Action
This is a highly practical program designed to build the capabilities of leaders to ‘change how they lead change’ in their schools. By building confidence in the Agile Leadership frameworks and tools, participants are provided with a practical way to take meaningful action. Leadership teams are supported to move from theory to practice as they shift from the leadership intensives into the grounded work within their schools, before returning to unpack the lessons learned and planned for the next phase of improvement work.
This program consists of:
- 3 x Leadership workshop days
- Online videos and resources
- Embedded school improvement work
This program can be completed as three separate workshop days or as a 2 + 1 format.
Agile Leadership Accelerator Days
Accelerator days are designed to accelerate implementation, increase accountability and support sustainable meaningful change. We draw together motivated senior leadership teams that have completed the Agile Leadership into Action course, and who are working to embed the practice of Agile Leadership into their regular team norms and routines. These days take the form of an ‘action lab’ to support building mastery in the key skills, tools and effective planning for the next steps.
During each accelerator day participants will:
- Review and reset : Analyse what has worked and what hasn’t over the last 90 days and share their learnings and successes.
- Think and Learn : Engage with contemporary research in learning, teaching and school improvement and consider how it can inform their strategy.
- Design and plan : Create the next 90-day agile plan so that teams leave with clarity and motivation to deliver with speed and precision.
Multiple Accelerator Days can be run for the same group over a period of 6 months to 24 months in order to sustain momentum and embed changed leadership practices.