Improvement Sprints Into Action
A practical process for improving student achievement and learning progress in your school
An intensive 2-day program run over 4-12 weeks with embedded school impact work between each day. This program is designed for teams of senior leaders and lead teachers to equip them to lead sprints in their school for improvement of learning outcomes.
Who is it for?
For principals, senior leaders, team leaders, lead teachers and anyone in a school or system leadership role.
Key learning outcomes
- Identify and focus on one area of student learning for rapid improvement
- Develop the capacity to create agile learning teams and support the development of collective efficacy
- Understand the core conditions required for effective disciplined inquiry including - time, team norms, leadership, and evidence – and plan for success
- Continuously review progress and adapt the method for your unique school context
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and collective action
- Gain more impact from the collaboration time you already have available
- Support educators to collectively plan and evaluate their impact
- Meaningfully embed the use of evidence throughout the teaching and learning process
- Build the capacity to rapidly improve outcomes through short, focused cycles of work
The expectations for improving student learning outcomes across Australian schools have never been higher. Leaders and educators need more effective approaches to meeting the needs of diverse learners and ensuring that all students are making growth in literacy and numeracy, as well as other valued educational outcomes.
An Improvement Sprint is a team-based method for improving student outcomes in your school. Harnessing the collaborative time that you already have available, our approach can help your school to rapidly improve outcomes through building the collective efficacy of your teachers. Our process draws on the latest research and highly effective improvement processes from both inside and outside education.