Foundations of Improvement Sprints 1-Day Program
A practical process for improving student achievement and learning progress in your school
In this dynamic introductory session participants will come to understand and apply the key methodologies of improvement sprints. They will build confidence in applying the process to enable educator teams to rapidly improve outcomes, and develop effective practice.
Who is it for?
For principals, senior leaders, team leaders, lead teachers and anyone in a school or system leadership role.
Key learning outcomes
- Explore the challenge of ensure learning growth for diverse students
- Understand the core methodologies of improvement sprints
- Consider how to apply improvement sprints in your unique school context by utilising the time and resources that are already available.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and collective action
- Gain more impact from the collaboration time you already have available
- Support educators to collectively plan and evaluate their impact
- Meaningfully embed the use of evidence throughout the teaching and learning process
- Build the capacity to rapidly improve outcomes through short, focused cycles of work
The expectations for improving student learning outcomes across Australian schools have never been higher. Leaders and educators need more effective approaches to meeting the needs of diverse learners and ensuring that all students are making growth in literacy and numeracy, as well as other valued educational outcomes.
An Improvement Sprint is a team-based method for improving student outcomes in your school. Harnessing the collaborative time that you already have available, our approach can help your school to rapidly improve outcomes through building the collective efficacy of your teachers. Our process draws on the latest research and highly effective improvement processes from both inside and outside education.