Welcome to the future of collaboration, embedded professional learning and development.
If schools are to lift the learning outcomes of diverse students we must invest in developing the individual and collective expertise of your teachers. Learning Sprints provides a simple, effective and field-tested approach to supporting your teachers to continually enhance their practice.
Learning Sprints is an organisational routine that can support the adoption of evidence-informed practices and develop the collective efficacy of teacher teams. The approach is aligned with the existing research evidence into the features of effective teacher professional learning and the science of behaviour change. It has been designed to be simple, relevant and manageable for already overloaded teachers and their leaders.
Benefits Learning Sprints include:
- Support every educator to continually enhance their professional practices
- Develop high-trust teacher teams that take collective action and help each other improve
- Embed the use of research-informed practice and evaluate impact through formative assessment
- Accelerate momentum through engaging in short, focused cycles of impactful work
- Gain more impact from the collaboration time you already have available
- Support educators to collectively plan, act and evaluate their impact
It is strongly recommended that each school participating in Learning Sprints has a committed team of leaders and teachers practicing the processes and present at the workshops.
This team should include the principal, senior leaders and a group of teachers.
The Learning Sprint Method
Foundations of Learning Sprints
- In this dynamic foundational session, you will come to understand the key methodologies of Learning Sprints and become equipped with the knowledge and tools necessary to immediately begin applying the process in your school context.
- Explore the challenge of ensuring all teachers are continually enhancing their practice to lift learner outcomes
- Connect the design of Learning Sprints to the research based on effective professional learning, and the emerging science of teacher expertise
- Understand the core Learning Sprints process and build confidence in using the tools and protocols
- Explore how Learning Sprints has been implemented across different educational settings
- Plan to test out Learning Sprints in your local context
Who is this Program For?
This program is designed for anyone in a school or system leadership role, including principals, senior leaders, team leaders and lead teachers, who would like to learn more about the benefits and process of the Learning Sprint method. We strongly encourage the participation of school teams.
Learning Sprints Into Action
Learning Sprints into Action is an intensive program which combines two separate in-person full day workshops, with embedded implementation work within your school. This action-orientated program is designed for school teams who have completed the Foundations of Learning Sprints program, and are ready to master the Learning Sprints process and take the steps necessary to embed it into their school.
INTO ACTION DAY-1
School teams will build confidence in the Learning Sprints approach and plan how to systematically test out the approach with a select few groups of teachers. Teams will explore how to overcome potential challenges that may emerge and consider how to create a high-trust culture for rapid learning.
During this session teams will:
- Identify the focus for improvement in terms of student learning outcomes
- Build confidence in leading teams through the Learning Sprints process
- Practice using the online tools and protocols to increase the effectiveness of collaboration time
- Underscore the critical importance of building a culture of trust, non-judgmentalism and respect when asking teachers to engage in challenging professional learning
- Create a concise plan of action which can be put into practice immediately
INTO ACTION DAY-2
This second workshop focuses on reviewing your current implementation efforts and planning for the next steps. Teams will build further mastery in the Learning Sprints tools and resources and consider how to build the capacity of other teachers and leaders in the process.
During this session teams will:
- Reflect on lessons learned so far and identify the implementation challenges
- Identify how to enable the effective use of evidence and external expertise throughout the Sprints process
- Work on how to implement Learning Sprints successfully into their unique school context
- Develop the capacity to create effective teacher teams and support the development of collective efficacy
- Continuously review progress and adapt the method for success in their unique context
Who is this Program For?
This program is designed for committed school teams and should include the principal, senior leaders and a group of teachers. Often teams from each participating school include between 3 to 7 people, but can will vary depending on the size of your school.
This program consists of:
- 2 x Leadership workshop days
- Embedded school improvement work
- Online videos and resources
Learning Sprints Accelerator Days
Learning Sprints Accelerator days are designed to provide the support, accountability and inspiration necessary to impact Learning Sprints as a powerful organisational routine in your school. Working with highly-committed school teams who have completed the Learning Sprints into Action course, we help to analysis current strengths and solve emerging implementation challenges. These accelerator days take the form of an ‘action lab’ to support building mastery in the key skills and tools, and effective planning for the next steps.
During each accelerator day participants will:
- Review and reset : Analyse what has worked and what hasn’t over the last period of implementing Learning Sprints.
- Think and learn : Engage with the latest innovations in the Sprints methodology and consider how contemporary research into the science of learning and effective teaching can be embedded in their work.
- Align and plan : Find ways to bring greater levels of alignment and coherence to approaches for professional learning and development across the school. Create the next 90-day plan on how to increase the impact of Learning Sprints.